Profitable Sales Growth
Experienced, effective Sales Coaching is very often the critical service that will enable your sales team to achieve extraordinary goals. Coaching is the difference between believing in the possibility of attaining a goal and the actual realization of that goal.
Our method is focused on enabling the sales professional to continuously expand their view of what they can accomplish. We engage with the salesperson to help them
- Understand the business context of each and every opportunity.
- Build effective narratives around patterns of business need.
- Assess the critical factors at each milestone in the sales process.
- Make daily choices that will drive the Optimization of their Sales Practice.
- Stay focused, interested, motivated, and positive in the development of their career.
The Kolb Group Coaching Solution includes access to tested and proven tools that will provide the sales professional with structure, clarity, and consistency. These tools include
- The Call Plan – A Call planning, follow up, and assessment tool.
- The QBP – A Quarterly Business Plan template for the Salesperson to take “ownership” of their personal sales practice.
- The Play Book – A method for capturing significant patterns of business needs and solutions.
Coaching also allows us to gain a deeper, more intimate understanding of the salesperson’s profile and potential. From this we are able to provide the management team with meaningful and actionable recommendations for the cultivation and “best fit” role for the salesperson in the organization.
Sales Management as a Service
Empirical evidence and simple logic confirms that a managed salesperson will outperform an unmanaged salesperson every time, as long as you have a clear and coherent sales process driving the sales engine. But managing salespeople and the sales process requires a very specific set of skills and experience… and that can be expensive.
Our Sales Management as a Service™ Model delivers everything you expect and require from a Sales Manager, and much more.
We will provide a dedicated Consulting Sales Manager (CSM) who will work with you to develop and execute your sales plan. Think of us as your virtual VP of Sales. We deliver everything you need in one, fixed-fee monthly service.
How it works
From the very beginning we develop a Strategic Sales Plan that will document the contribution of the Sales Team in the business plan for the coming year.
- Sales Growth. We project a revenue budget with both anticipated sales volume and related sales expenses for your core solutions.
- Sales and Marketing. We coordinate a plan for integrating your marketing plan with the utilization of your sales resources.
- Insight. We provide actionable industry insight into competitive dynamics, best practices, and recommended actions.
Weekly Sales Meetings
Your dedicated CSM will conduct a weekly tactical sales meeting with the salesperson or sales team to identify and resolve roadblocks and challenges in the sales process for each opportunity. At each weekly sales meeting we pay particular attention to three critical factors, supported by real data from the LerenSoft™ reporting:
- Performance. We make sure that each salesperson has accounted for 40 hours of productive activities each week. We look at the distribution of those activities across the set of Opportunities to be sure that the time is balanced and focused on the most productive strategy for optimizing results.
- Productivity. It is one thing to know that your salespeople are actually working, but it is even more important to know what the effects of those activities are in moving the Sales Process forward. Each week, the CSM will also review our Productivity report with each salesperson to identify and manage the forward movement of opportunities.
- Profitability. Our weekly Profitability report will document the value of each salesperson’s pipeline and project important metrics regarding the anticipated close volume and timing. We also review the salesperson’s performance standards and progress toward Quota.
Monthly Management Meetings
The CSM will meet with the Owner or Management Team; along with the Sales Team to review the progress achieved each month and confirm the Commission report, along with other tactical issues requiring management attention.
Quarterly Management Meetings.
Each quarter, the CSM will meet with the Management Team to discuss strategic initiatives, competitive information, salesperson performance, adjustments and corrections to the Strategic Sales plan, and other management issues.
We provide a complete set of annual review documentation for each salesperson each year. We recognize outstanding performance, identify and address any need for remedial training or coaching, and document the salesperson’s contribution to your organization’s growth.